The M2 features all the same basic features as the SRS A2, but it also has a monolithic one-piece optics mounting rail with 30MOA cant built in. This allows for additional optics mounting solutions like night vision and thermal clipons. The M2 also features an AREA 419 ARCA Lock rail along the bottom of the handguard, this allows for a host of shooting accessories to aid in getting the best shooting position.
- Full length 30 MoA Rail
- Area 419 ARCA lock rail
- Integrated Monopod included
- More Accurate than the SRS-A1
- Field Match Trigger 1.5 - 7lbs
- Lightweight and compact
- Perfect balance and control
- Adaptable multi caliber system
- Adjustable length of pull and cheek height
The SRS-A2 chassis has a 12” forearm which will allow you to use compatible barrels as short as 22”. If you would like to use barrels shorter than 22” a SRS-A2 Covert forearm can be purchased and swapped to allow the use of those shorter barrels. To change the forearm you only need to unbolt and remove the polymer stock panels. Then remove 8 bolts the attach the forearm to the receiver and slide the forearm off.
To install the new forearm just reverse the order.
This new chassis has several improvements from the previous SRS-A1 chassis worth noting.
- The Chassis has a redesigned barrel mount that further increases accuracy and repeatability when swapping barrels. According to Desert Tech, the SRS-A2 chassis is 35% more accurate than the previous A1 Chassis due to it’s new patented barrel mount that more uniformly clamps onto the barrel and reduces peak stress points by 30%.
- It also has a new Field Rugged Match Trigger. The new trigger design reduces some of its original complexity, ensuring rugged field durability, with less creep, crisper break, and a short reset. The trigger now has a flat contour for better ergonomic feel. It can be adjusted from 1.5 to 7 lbs. and has a flat contour for improved ergonomics.
- The receiver has been lightened up through a few different changes. The receiver has some lightening cuts that have been added between where the chassis claps to the barrel and the hand guard. The rail on top of the receiver has also been shortened.
The chassis has also been lightened up in other key areas under the polymer rifle skins.
- The Handguard has been redesigned to be much easier to replace. It is also lighter. It has M-LOK cuts for attaching accessories and no longer has a full length top rail machined into the rail.
- It has an integral tripod attachment point. Special Purpose Rifles offers an accessory ARCA tripod mount to attach to this point on the rifle and along the hand guard.
- The Desert Tech monopod is now standard and comes installed on the chassis.
The Chassis are going to be available in 3 colors. The colors will be:
- All Black (BLK/BLK)
- All Flat Dark Earth (FDE/FDE)
- Black with Flat Dark Earth stock panels (BLK/FDE)
When purchasing a Chassis note that it does not include a conversion kit (barrel, bolt, and magazine), optic mount, optic, or bipod. This chassis will accept standard rail attachment scope mounts and has an MLOK Harris bipod attachment adapter as well as a MLOK rail segment. Both are made by Magpul.