The SRS-A2 Covert Chassis has a 6” hand guard allowing the use of barrels as short as 16”. It can still use the longer barrels, like the 22” and 26” factory barrels, with the shorter Covert forearm. You can swap out the short 6” Covert Forearm for the standard SRS-A2 12” forearm by simply unbolting the polymer stock panels, removing the 8 bolts attaching the forearm to the receiver and sliding the forearm off. To attach the new forearm just reverse the order.
This new chassis has several improvements over the previous SRS-A1 Covert chassis worth noting.
- The Chassis has a redesigned barrel mount that further increases accuracy and repeatability when swapping barrels. According to Desert Tech, the SRS-A2 chassis is 35% more accurate than the previous A1 Chassis due to it’s new patented barrel mount that more uniformly clamps onto the barrel and reduces peak stress points by 30%.
- It also has a new Field Rugged Match Trigger. The new trigger design reduces some of its original complexity, ensuring rugged field durability, with less creep, crisper break, and a short reset. The trigger now has a flat contour for better ergonomic feel. It can be adjusted from 1.5 to 7 lbs. and has a flat contour for improved ergonomics.
- The receiver has been lightened up through a few different changes. The receiver has some lightening cuts that have been added between where the chassis claps to the barrel and the hand guard. The rail on top of the receiver has also been shortened.
- The chassis has also been lightened up in other key areas under the polymer rifle skins.
- The Handguard has been redesigned to be much easier to replace. It is also lighter. It has M-LOK cuts for attaching accessories and no longer has a full length top rail machined into the rail.
- It has an integral tripod attachment point. Special Purpose Rifles offers an accessory ARCA tripod mount to attach to this point on the rifle and along the hand guard.
- The Desert Tech monopod now comes standard and installed on the chassis.
The Chassis are going to be available in 3 colors. The colors will be:
- All Black (BLK/BLK)
- All Flat Dark Earth (FDE/FDE)
- Black with Flat Dark Earth stock panels (BLK/FDE)